The term "ADA Signs" has come into common use in the architectural, construction and signage industries with the advent of the Americans With Disabilities Act, or ADA. The term is sometimes misunderstood, as some people think it is synonymous with braille signs. Signs with braille and raised characters are the most visible manifestation of the law requiring access to the built environment, but the sign standards in the ADA Accessibility Guidelines, or ADAAG, require much more than just braille and raised characters on some signs. Signtech’s designers create code compliant signage aligned with your interior and campus design.
In general, almost every sign that would be considered an "architectural" sign must comply with one or another of the ADA Guidelines. In other words, if a sign identifies a permanent room or space of a facility, including exits, directs or informs about functional spaces of the facility, or identifies, directs to, or informs about accessible features of the facility, it must comply.
Signs for advertising and marketing purposes, temporary signs, company logos and names are examples of signs or sections of signs that do not have to comply.
The Many Benefits of Signtech ADA Letters & Signage Include:
- Custom designs that match your architectural style and companies brand
- High-end materials and finishes available that far exceed stock products
- Signtech has the fastest turn-around capabilities. We manufacture in days, not weeks or months like most other manufacturers!
- Concealed fasteners
- Ideal for corporate buildings, mid-rise, high-rise, campuses, factories and retail centers.
- Consistent quality with mass production capabilities
- Vandal-Proof applications
- Designed for durability
- Materials that will not fade, chip, peel, delaminate or crack
- Full CAD and SolidWorks 3D Design for Unparalleled Quality
- Manufacturing is performed 100% in-house for quality control and quick response to changes
ADA Signage Material Options include but are not limited to:
- High-impact plastics
- Durable Magnesium, Zinc, Bronze and other metals
- Stainless steel
- Customized Illumination options
- Domed braille dots
For all of your custom ADA compliant signage needs contact us toll free at (877) 885-1135.